- 18-Jul-2016 to 16-Dec-2017 (PST)
- Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA
- Full Time
Sumitomo Rubber North America, Inc. (SRNA), based in Rancho Cucamonga, California, is a leader in Ultra High Performance, Falken Light Truck, Touring and All-Season tires developed and produced for a wide array of popular cars, trucks, off-road and crossover vehicles, as well as Dunlop Motorcycle Tires. The company markets its tires by utilizing multiple motorsports programs drifting, sportscar racing and off-roading as a technological platform to highlight strengths, capabilities and to improve its products. A subsidiary of Sumitomo Rubber Industries, SRNA distributes its products through seven strategically located centers across the United States in Southern California, Illinois, New Jersey, Texas, Florida, Tennessee and Buffalo, New York. For more information, visit Falken Tire's website at www.falkentire.com.
Our company is seeking a high potential, results-oriented logistics professional to help grow our business through world class service, operational excellence, and consistent execution. We have a compelling brand and a global presence in the sales, marketing, and distribution of high-performance tires. Our growth is driving the expansion of our distribution channel and DC network nationwide and will provide high performing candidates with future opportunities, as well as a challenging, rewarding work environment.
Responsible for supply chain practice including procurement, warehouse allocation, sales & inventory forecast and inbound reconciliation. Support Sales, Marketing and Inside Sales (Customer Service) by providing various inventory reports with multiple delivery deadlines (i.e., daily, weekly, monthly, annually). Support management decision making by providing inventory analyses. Support manager on various supply chain improvement projects.
- Prepare monthly production order, weekly allocation and upload PO Release into Oracle.
- Balance inventory level in five (7) Distribution Centers (DC) according to demand forecast, seasonality and inbound reconcile to ensure balanced fill rate across DC's.
- Review inventory level and back order (BO) for each DC on 1st and 15th of each month.
- Issue transfer to cover BO due to warehouse imbalance.
- Evaluate tradeoffs between loss of sales and transportation costs.
- Coordinate with Customer Service to allocate products to transfer orders and obtain ETA from DC staff.
- Prepare rolling 12- month forecast by DC. Reconcile inbound against PO to generate inventory forecast by DC for next 60- 90 days.
- Provide daily inventory/inbound update to Sales, Marketing and Customer Service.
- Conduct inventory analysis to support management decision making.
- Provide weekly container priority report to DC Managers to help improve receiving efficiency.
- Update weekly BO report for Executive Committee by DC, by product line.
- Support manager on various supply chain projects by providing independent research, data entry and testing. Participate in vender evaluation and cross-function meetings.
- Responsible for any other additional duties as assigned by Management.
- A Master's Degree in Business Management or Operations Management or related field or MBA preferred.
- Supply Chain related certificates preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Must be technically advanced in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), and some basic knowledge of database programs preferably Oracle is a plus.
- Must be organized, deadline driven, detailed oriented, self-motivated, ability to work independently, and possess excellent time management skills. Must have proven complex multi-tasking capabilities.